Job Type: Full-Time, In-Person + Remote (Hybrid) in Queens, New York
Women for Afghan Women (WAW) is looking for an Associate Financial Analyst (AFA) for its finance department. Under the supervision and guidance of the organization’s Financial Controller, the job-holder will perform the following duties:
- Payment to Venders: Will work with WAW’s program and development staff to ensure the timely processing and payment of all approved payment requests to vendors.
- Accounts Receivable: Regularly check WAW’s financial accounts on payment processing portals to record incoming donations. It is important that classification of incoming funds (including donation checks) are done by their restrictive types and assigned to programs as they are intended to;
- Accounts Payable: Receive all incoming invoices, which include vendor invoices for payment, staff reimbursement claims, and any other requests for payment that are approved. Prepare checks for payment and arrange for checks to be delivered to payees;
- QuickBooks: Record all expenses into WAW’s QuickBooks account according to their program/ grant and natural account classifications. Ensure accuracy of amounts, classes, and grant/program assignments;
- Carryout monthly bank reconciliations (including for office credit cards) and ensure reconciliations are carried in a timely manner;
- Prepare monthly financial statements for review by WAW’s senior financial analyst and financial controller;
- Audit: WAW undergoes annual organizational audits. This process requires that WAW maintain its financial physical records in an efficient manner. The associate financial analyst will file financial backup documents on a regular basis, and will retrieve any auditor requested documents in a timely manner to facilitate annual and other periodic audits;
- Any other tasks assigned by the financial controller or his designee.
This job requires at least two years of accounting experience, and at minimum an Associate Degree in Accounting/Finance. The team at WAW believe in continued education and training, thus a committed person without extensive experience in QuickBooks or preparation of financial statements and who is determined to learn and improve will receive training and guidance.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please type ASSOCIATE FINANCIAL ANALYST (NY) – [your last name] in the subject line. The deadline for receiving applications is February 10, 2022 6:00pm.
$50,000 – $58,000 depending on experience, education and skills
Women for Afghan Women is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socioeconomic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.
For more information on WAW and its vision, mission and programs, please, visit: www.womenforafghanwomen.org