Job Type: Full-time, In-person + Remote (Hybrid), Queens, New York
Women for Afghan Women (WAW) is looking for a full-time Human Resources (HR) Officer for its US Operations. Under the supervision and guidance of the organization’s Deputy Executive Director, the job-holder will work (hybrid) in Queens, New York and perform the following duties:
- Reviews job applications, prepares offer letters and all applicable new hire paperwork;
- Schedules and coordinates all types of interviews;
- Conducts reference checks;
- Facilitates orientation for new hires and reviews all new hire paperwork for accuracy and completion;
- Enters new hires, re-hires, status changes, terminations into WAW US Human Resources Information System (currently Zenefits);
- Maintains all personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements;
- Is a point of contact for all HR-related inquiries from employees;
- Assists with planning and organizing employees events;
- Responds to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance on site;
- Assists with the timely processing of payroll:
- This requires receiving all timesheets from staff; checking timesheets for accuracy; and calculating payable hours for hourly employees.
Administrative duties by the HR Officer will include:
- Maintaining inventory and ordering office supplies as requested by the Finance and Development teams,
- General filing, record keeping, retention of appropriate documents, and assisting with other administrative duties as needed and as assigned;
- Any other tasks assigned by the Deputy Executive Director or his designee.
• 2-4 years of work experience.
• General knowledge of HR practices, procedures, and policies.
• Excellent experience in and ability to use MS Office (MS Excel and MS Powerpoint, in particular).
• Highly self-motivated and driven to make an impact.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a passion for building relationships and positively impacting team culture.
Women for Afghan Women offers an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary with health and vacation benefits.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please type HR OFFICER (NY) – [your last name] in the subject line and apply at your earliest convenience as we are looking to hire as soon as possible.
Women for Afghan Women is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socioeconomic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.
For more information on WAW and its vision, mission and programs, please, visit: www.womenforafghanwomen.org