Job Description: Paralegal
Location: Virginia Community Center
Women for Afghan Women is a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to serving minority communities in New York and Virginia. We are looking to add a paralegal with experience in immigration law to our legal team. We offer an outstanding, team-oriented work environment. You will work on a range of immigration cases including family-based immigration, employment-based immigration, asylum, adjustment of status and naturalization. We are looking for someone who demonstrates strong initiative, ability to handle a high volume and diverse caseload, excellent writing and communication skills, superb attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and multitask.
Time commitment: Full-time, In-person
Location: Alexandria, VA
- Communicating with clients, performing intakes, collecting evidence and other documentation, and completing USCIS applications including applications for adjustment of status, asylum, family-based visas, and employment-based visas.
- Providing clients with case updates.
- Assisting our attorneys with file organization, case preparation including but not limited to, submissions to USCIS and U.S. Department of State.
- Corresponding with various government and law enforcement agencies.
- Drafting affidavits, personal statements, and evidence submissions for attorney review.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience working as a paralegal in a law firm or not-for-profit handling immigration matters.
- Strong administrative, organizational, communication, and writing skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office/Google Office suite.
- Able to take initiative and be comfortable asking questions when necessary to complete tasks correctly.
- Ability to read, write, and speak Dari and/or Pashto a plus.
- Must be punctual, responsible, and reliable; and
- Open to taking on new responsibilities and challenging tasks.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Women for Afghan Women offers an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary with health and vacation benefits.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please type Paralegal – [your last name] in the subject line and apply at your earliest convenience as we are looking to hire as soon as possible. No phone calls please.
Women for Afghan Women is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socioeconomic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.