Women for Afghan Women (WAW), a human rights organization located in Queens, NY, is looking for a development intern to assist the organization’s development team in New York. Please apply no later than October 8, 2021. The internship is projected to begin the week of October 11, 2021 and end the week of May 30, 2022. A shorter internship period (a minimum of three months) will be considered.
The ideal candidate will have some experience with or knowledge of administrative work, particularly experience working with databases, and will be able to assist with various tasks including:
- Data entry
- Donor cultivation, including writing thank you letters and providing support with mailing tax receipts
- Create content and assist staff with donor interactions for WAW’s social media platforms.
- Conduct prospect research for NY Programs
- Provide support with administrative tasks relating to fundraising events and campaigns
- Review and proofread reports and other copies/text
The intern will be required to commit to 16 hours per week. The position is mostly remote but will require some days at our Fresh Meadows office in Queens, NY. Ideal candidates will possess the following qualities:
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, Dropbox, and database programs;
- A positive can-do attitude and excellent interpersonal skills; and
- Passion for human rights and gender equality.
Interested candidates: Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis. Please apply no later than October 8, 2021. The internship is projected to begin the week of October 11, 2021 and end the week of May 30, 2022. A shorter internship period (a minimum of three months) will be considered.
Your application should include a cover letter and resume.
Please type Development Intern – [your last name] in the subject line.
This internship is unpaid, but can be completed for undergraduate or graduate credit.