Women for Afghan Women (WAW), the largest non-government Afghan women’s rights organization in the world, is currently looking for an intern to write develop culturally- sensitive resources in Standard Arabic about our organization. This position reports to the Deputy Executive Director of the organization, who is based in New York City.
The duration of this internship is six months. The honorarium for this position is $300/month.
The ideal candidate should:
1. Be a native Arabic Speaker.
2. Be stationed in the Middle East region.
3. Has a good command of English and can translate from English to Arabic and vice versa.
4. Be able to allocate at least 24 hours a week to this project.
5. Has a track record as a published author in Arabic either online or in print media.
6. Be fluent in Modern Standard Arabic (Fosha).
7. Be a current student or a recent graduate of journalism, literature, sociology, political science, women studies, or related fields.
8. Have access to computer and reliable internet.
9. Be a self-starter and can work independently.
10. Can meet deadlines.
11. Be attentive to details.
12. Be able to conduct desk research and online and/or in-person surveys.
All interested individuals are encouraged to send their resume, cover letter, a list of three references, and two writing samples in Arabic to firstname.lastname@example.org.