Women for Afghan Women is looking for a development intern to assist the organization’s development team in our Fresh Meadows, NY office. The ideal candidate will have some experience with or knowledge of administrative work, particularly experience working with databases.
- Data entry;
- Filing and organizing;
- Donor cultivation, including writing thank you letters and providing support with mailing tax receipts;
- Conduct prospect research for NY Programs
- Providing support with administrative tasks relating to fundraising events and campaigns, including WAW’s annual events and gala; and
- Reviewing and editing of reports for projects in both New York and Afghanistan.
The intern will be required to commit to 16 hours per week in the Fresh Meadows, NY office with the possibility of remote work. Ideal candidates will possess the following qualities:
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, Dropbox, and database programs;
- A positive can-do attitude and excellent interpersonal skills; and
- Passion for human rights and gender equality.
Applications will be accepted and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. A shorter internship period (a minimum of three months) will be considered.
Interested candidates*: Please email your application to email@example.com.
*Your application should include a cover letter, resume, and writing sample (1-2 pages). Please type Development Intern – [your last name] in the subject line.
This internship is unpaid, but can be completed for undergraduate or graduate credit.