Women for Afghan Women (WAW), a human rights organization located in Queens, NY, is looking for an Intern to assist the organization’s Deputy Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will have experience in editing, proofreading, and drafting reports about our operation in Afghanistan. Meeting deadlines and working as part of a team that works in different time zones is essential. Fluency in, Dari/Farsi and Pashto is desirable, but not required.
Typical responsibilities of the intern include, but not limited to:
- Editing and proofreading monthly and quarterly donor reports written by non-native speakers
- Assist in developing policies, procedures, and guidelines for various operations of the organization.
- Assisting the management with office related responsibilities
- Help with the researching and drafting speeches, reports, and opinion pieces.
Interns will be required to commit 16 hours per week in the Queens, NY office, with the possibility of some remote work. Ideal candidates will possess the following qualities:
- Background in international work
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently and meet deadlines
- Passion for human rights and gender equality
- Full knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite (G Suite) and cloud storage
- Familiarity with graphic and design software a plus
Interested candidates: Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis.
Your application should include a cover letter, resume, and writing sample (1-2 pages). Please type Intern – [your last name] in the subject line.